Although SEO strategies are offered for a wide variety of industries, law firms are of particular interest. Currently, The Leaning Tree Digital has over ten years of experience working extensively with multi-location & non-competing law firms in the Metro-Milwaukee area. In the beginning, these law firms were unsure how or where to start. Years ago, we agreed upon a specific branding to carry across the internet and beyond. From there, each step to become more optimized online and appear in more search results has been a strategic journey of customized processes specific to each of their goals. To find the perfect SEO strategy for your law firm, the best place to start is to contact Leaning Tree Digital today for a virtual consult.
Go here for a full list of Leaning Tree Digital SEO services. Specifically, the legal -SEO services that I offer that are unique from other SEO Consultants are as follows:
- EXCLUSIVITY & EXPERIENCE: Most SEO professionals will not offer your firm competitive exclusivity. This means that any unique strategies that are implemented & successful for you can easily be shared with competitors. Because law firms are so darn competitive, I offer the option to be exclusive in your category, and within your state. This provides more confidentiality, a competitive edge for you & overall better support for a long- term & very successful working relationship between us. More importantly, I offer more than ten years of experience perfecting this art of law firm SEO.
- WEBSITE & MOBILE OPTIMIZATION: When your law firm’s website is optimized, it means that it will appear higher in search results, producing more qualified leads in the form of phone calls, online form submissions & inquiries. A firm’s online reputation, SEO & other marketing endeavors depend on an optimized website. I help ensure your legal website is optimized for Google, Bing & Yahoo. More importantly, it must prioritize, “mobile first” indexing. My services position a law firm’s website for excellent user experiences that lead to search engine indexing & new cases. I understand search queries & the layout of search results related to legal searches. I have an understanding of website code & work closely with your website developer.
- LOCAL ORGANIC SEO: Basic organic SEO that would appear in national search result pages is taken steps further to include local search optimization for local search results. I offer extensive experience working with law firms that need to optimize local search results for multiple locations and areas of practice. Never the less, any law firm that has at least one physical office location has the opportunity to utilize the power of local search. This includes the optimization of Google My Business listings. It also involves the alignment of many citations, (online directories, review sites, industry-specific indices, etc), to your website through links & schema.
- UNIQUE KEYWORD & CALL TO ACTION CONTENT: Content is as relevant to search engines as it is to potential new clients/website visitors. Researching keywords is easy; the challenge is writing unique content for material that can already be found so many places online. Well performing content helps achieve E.A.T. (Expertise, Authority & Trustworthiness) in your focus areas. It supports top-level pages that are main income generators for your law firm. Furthermore, it has a strong & easy to follow “call to action” message to convert leads into clients. Whether it’s static website content, articles/blogs, or even social media posts, I have extensive experience in this area. Sometimes the content I create is brand new. In other cases, such as with older web pages, content is “revived” for optimal performance. Content serves many purposes & is a big player for law firm SEO in 2021 & beyond!
The data gathering and general tool box for SEO tasks, including Google Best practices, are universal. However, search optimization for the legal industry proves to be slightly different than other industries. The legal industry is super, super competitive. Designing a customized SEO strategy that will create growth for your firm requires more “out of the box” thinking regarding how to position legal terms & areas of practice for better search results. How Google, Bing & Yahoo display legal term search results is not always as expected. Convincing search engines that your E.A.T. (Expertise, Authority & Trustworthiness) is better than a competitor is time-intensive and highly strategic. Not to mention, law firm SEO has to adhere to privacy and disclaimer laws that may be a little behind other industries. Because your industry is so competitive, your digital team will need to look beyond a “well-performing website” to get more results. Start by requesting a virtual or teleconference setting to get to know your law firm. Michelle@LeaningTreeMarketing.com
- Law firm needs analysis (Q&A)
- Website Audit (combining technical & visitor experience)
- Local SEO Audit (including citations, Google My Business & Social)
- Review & discuss audit findings. (NOTE: You can purchase an audit without committing to more services)
- Determine if available services address audit findings & present to law firm
- Agreement for The Leaning Tree Digital to perform SEO services
- Develop an outline that displays initial setup, resources, rolls of key players, expectations & timeline
- Work with website developer to ensure a solid organic SEO foundation, (free traffic), is established & optimized so that the performance of PPC & other endeavors are maximized. (including on-site & on-page SEO functions)
- For law firms with brick & mortar offices, (including some satellite offices), setup, organize & connect website to key off-site platforms such as Google My Business, Review Sites & other platforms. (local SEO)
- Expect that successful SEO is an on-going endeavor with many moving parts and influences that require human hands, collaboration of minds & maintenance along the way.
The legal industry is competitive, (to say the least), and super exciting! In my experience, many law firms are not taking advantage of easy opportunities to appear higher in organic, (non-paid/natural), search results. Nor are they effectively tapping into the benefits of local SEO for appearing in local searches. (Yes, the two are different, but they work together.) In order to take advantage of those areas that will have the most impact, we’re going to need a transparent, trustworthy and efficient communication path established between us and within any extended digital team player.
Your Time Is Respected & Valued
I have found to be most effective in working with the competitive environments of legal, is good communication. Once your digital team is in place, we will have productive discussions about specific duties, business goals, competitive strengths/weaknesses, prioritizing of tasks, tests, performance indicators, etc. How and when these discussions happen is up to you. In the past, I have found success in just one or two monthly meetings with the availability of phone calls and email exchanges in-between. I understand how valuable your time is. I can assure you that I come prepared to each meeting. I am always available to you; organized and very, very efficient!